The Town of Ossian and Republic Services are partnering for a curbside CLEAN UP DAY beginning at 6am on MONDAY, JUNE 27th. This service is for town residents and is at no additional charge.
All items for pickup MUST be curbside by no later than 6am on Monday June 27th. They will make ONE PASS THRU EACH NEIGHBORHOOD. they will not be making multiple passes down your street.
Pickup will continue until each neighborhood has been collected. In the event all neighborhoods are not collected on Monday, the trucks will return on Tuesday to finish those neighborhoods.
The following items WILL BE PICKED UP during this collection:
- YARD WASTE: Grass must be bagged. Limbs, branches and twigs must be bundled and no greater than 4 foot in length and weigh no more than 40 pounds.
- CARPET: Carpet and padding rolled and bundled no longer than 4 foot in length and no more than 40 pounds.
- NON-FREON APPLIANCES including water heater
- MISCELLANEOUS HOUSEHOLD ITEMS
The following items WILL NOT BE PICKED UP during this collection:
- CEMENT, BRICKS, PAVERS, & ROCKS
- CONSTRUCTION DEBRIS: Debris from home construction / demolition / remodeling projects. You can make arrangements for a dumpster from Republic for these items.
- TIRES and AUTOMOTIVE PARTS
- RAILROAD TIES
- APPLIANCES WITH FREON
- TOXIC WASTE: Includes but not limited to paints, pesticides, bug sprays, automotive fluids, flammable items
- HAZARDOUS, CHEMICAL, MEDICAL, or INFECTIOUS WASTE: There will be a HazMat Day on JUNE 12th from 8am to 1pm at Bluffton Middle School
- ANIMAL or HUMAN REMAINS
- LARGE METAL PIECES
Click here for a .pdf of this information.